Almost 172 million websites are powered by WordPress. Not only is WordPress easily recognized as a web publishing platform, but it is also considered as a standard in website creation. As an open-source platform, WordPress opens a lot of possibilities for websites of all sizes.
But in order to harness everything that WordPress has to offer, and to rank higher in search engines (many studies demonstrated that fast loading websites rank higher), you’ll need a high-performance WordPress hosting platform. With the right WordPress hosting, you’ll experience high loading speeds, excellent site performance, and many more benefits. The question remains, though, what is the best and fast WordPress hosting platform?
Table of content:
SiteGround hosting is one of the most reliable and fast wordpress hosting As a web hosting platform, SiteGround aims to remove the hassle out of managed website hosting with a user-friendly approach and a complete suite of tools and services for a seamless website building and management.
SiteGround pricing is competitive. It’s managed WordPress hosting pricing starts at $3.95 per month for a single website hosting (StartUp). This is a part of SiteGround’s special pricing offer. You can get a huge jump in features and capabilities for just an added $2 on the GrowBig plan at $5.95 per month and just $6 for an upgrade from the GrowBig to the GoGeek plan at $11.95 per month.
SiteGround offers full-service WordPress hosting for small to large websites. Some of SiteGround’s standout features include:
- THEY ARE RECOMMENDED BY WORDPRESS!
- BEST Pingdom/GTmetrix Scores!
- Automated WordPress installation – a fast, hassle-free click-and-install system that automatically downloads, install, and configures WordPress sites.
- Migrator plugin and Professional Transfer Service – transfer all your content with all the configuration in place with the free Migrator plugin or let SiteGround’s migration expert migrate your add-on sites, FTP, and email.
- WordPress Starter for seamless site management – access SiteGround’s WordPress Starter from the admin panel and take advantage of a collection of high-quality site templates, contact forms, online shop capabilities, portfolios, and more.
- They use a powerful combination of NGINX servers, SSDs, Last PHP version, 1-click Cloudflare CDN, and HTTP/2 servers. And their SG Optimizer plugin and Super cacher will further improve load times.
Other vital features in SiteGround plans include but are not limited to:
- Daily backups and automated WordPress updates – up to 30 copies kept from each account daily.
- Unlimited email accounts and SpamExperts service for spam control
- Staging tool
- Developer toolkit with WP-CLI, PHP version control, PHP and HTTPS setup, SSH access, and Git integration.
- Free CDN service in partnership with Cloudflare
- Custom firewall protection with notifications of weekly security emails
- Unique cashing options
- Application optimizations
Reasons to Love SiteGround:
There are several reasons why SiteGround may be the perfect fit for your WordPress hosting needs. These reasons include:
- An official recommendation from WordPress!
- Average load time of 1.3s – providing almost instantaneous speed boosts and 99.9 percent guaranteed uptime.
- Let’s Encrypt free SSL certificates
- Excellent customer service that is available 24/7 via chat, phone, and ticket. No-hold time on chat and phone while you can receive ticket answers less than 10 minutes.
- High customer satisfaction is evident with its low cancellation rate and consistently positive feedback from users.
- Each migration has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- See why people love Siteground:
People who migrated to Siteground:
SiteGround vs Bluehost
SiteGround might seems similar to Bluehost but there is a difference in quality and pricing. For SiteGround, the price of the plans is considered as excellent deals for a semi-dedicated hosting since it runs faster than any shared hosting platform but Bluehost has an added bonus of marketing credits for each shared hosting plan. Bluehost’s fully-managed hosting plans also have competitive pricing with features that aren’t usually offered by other managed hosting platforms.
The features available in SiteGround’s basic plan is substantial (even comprehensive) and fits the needs of a WordPress beginner with much room for tweaking. Bluehost’s Basic plan lacks in terms of tools, especially for website management.
SiteGround’s support is also superior with 24/7 chat, phone, and ticket channels while Bluehost only has 24/7 chat and ticket channels.
The clear winner of this round is SiteGround.
Bluehost offers fast, user-friendly, and secure shared WordPress hosting and managed WordPress hosting services.
In this Bluehost review, we’ll examine the advantages of both of Bluehost’s WordPress hosting solutions and see if it stacks up in terms of quality and affordability.
Bluehost pricing for shared WordPress hosting plans starts at $3.95 per month while fully managed WordPress hosting plans (WP Pro) starts at $19.95 per month.
Bluehost WordPress shared hosting plans are all-inclusive, with a free automatic WordPress installation, free domain name registration (for one year), automatic daily WordPress updates and backups, free email address, secure login configuration, unlimited bandwidth and access to 24/7 customer support. Other notable features include:
- Free SSL certificate.
- WordPress staging environment- enables you to your website before publishing it.
- SSD storage with each plan –unmetered disk space and/or bandwidth is available in premium plans
- Supports domain parking and subdomains
- Website management tools
WP Pro plans include many unlimited features including an unlimited number of websites and WordPress installs, unlimited data storage, unlimited number of domains and subdomains, and unlimited bandwidth. Other features include:
- WordPress staging environment
- Analytics (basic Jetpack)
- Marketing Center – marketing performance monitoring accessible through the dashboard
- Malware detection and removal
- Domain privacy protection – removes any sensitive personal information from the domain’s WHOIS lookup, safeguarding you from spam and identity thieves.
- Business review, SEO, email marketing, and social media tools
- Jetpack Ads integration
- Video compression
Reasons to Love Bluehost:
Bluehost has several features that aren’t available in other hosting platforms. But beyond that, there are things that make Bluehost more advantageous. This includes:
- Recommendation from WordPress since 2005 – Bluehost is the number 1 recommended hosting platform by WordPress.
- Seamless third-party integrations.
- Hundreds of free and premium WordPress themes – installation and switching from themes is instantaneous and seamless.
- You can receive marketing credits even on the Basic plan.
- Trusted – hosting over 2 million websites around the world.
Bluehost vs Hostgator
Both Bluehost and Hostgator offer managed WordPress hosting. Hostgator boast of faster load times with WordPress cloud hosting while Bluehost has optimized performance that propels sites to amazing loading speeds.
Bluehost appears to be the more expensive option with Hostgator’s highly marked-down prices. Features avail on Bluehost’s Build plan are also more comprehensive and advanced in comparison to Hostgator’s but the latter’s features offer more value with free options and unmetered storage space starting with the Starter plan.
Hostgator offers different hosting solutions including WordPress cloud hosting services. This platform will help you manage your content in a more efficient way through lightning fast speeds and highly usable cloud web host control panel – giving way to more dynamic and high-quality website performance.
The Hostgator pricing model is standard with three plans. The Starter Plan begins at $5.95 at a marked-down price. The price is quite competitive for a managed WordPress hosting plan.
Each of Hostgator’s WordPress cloud hosting plans include the following features:
- CodeGuard – comes with automatic daily backups, storage (1gb), unlimited databases, up to 5 websites, unlimited files, and three monthly restores.
- Sitelock – daily malware scan, vulnerability scan, and blocking of automated bot attacks
- SSL certificate – for powerful encryption and secure transactions within your website.
- Domain privacy protection – safeguards your personal information against identity thieves and spammers.
Reasons to Love Hostgator:
Hostgator made a name for itself in the web hosting industry and things like these assure prospective clients of their reliability:
- Fast loading speeds that are up 2.5 times faster than average – powered by a super-charged cloud architecture
- More efficient content management with the help of CDN, low-density servers, and multiple caching layers.
- User-friendly interface
- Unmetered storage space on all plans.
- Easy access to email accounts with free email hosting
- Advanced security
- Free migration
Hostgator vs Godaddy
Both Hostgator’s managed WordPress cloud hosting plans and GoDaddy’s managed hosting plans have standard but quality features. GoDaddy’s plans are more expensive by a small margin but the plans are more comprehensive and include GoDaddy’s industry-standard hosting solutions.
Both hosting platforms offer excellent security and attack protection but GoDaddy doesn’t include domain privacy protection in their plans but is available as a separate service.
Hostgator’s consultations services are only available in some plans while GoDaddy has knowledge bases, chat and phone support, and forum access for all customers.
GoDaddy wins this round.
GoDaddy is a well-known name in web hosting. The “Make your idea real” slogan is very identifiable and used on their recent ads. This GoDaddy review will focus on this popular hosting company’s WordPress hosting solution and if indeed, it can make ideas real.
The GoDaddy pricing rates are only marked down for the first signup. The rates will return to normal after you renew. Those who avail of either the 12, 24, or 36-month plan can enjoy free domain that automatically renews with the plan or a free Microsoft Office 365 email that ends during the first year or auto-renews with the plan.
Simple and blazing fast, that’s GoDaddy’s assurance of their WordPress hosting solutions. With a 99.9 percent uptime and money-back guarantee, GoDaddy prioritizes customer satisfaction.
GoDaddy WordPress hosting offers all the standard features including storage, SSH/SFTP access, one-click staging site, SSL certificate, malware scan and repair/removal (Website Security). Other notable features included in the plans are:
- Temporary domain name
- The Quick Start wizard enables access to a library of site templates, high-quality images, and a drag-and-drop editor and design tools.
- Automated tasks including daily backups with one-click restore, WordPress software and security updates.
- Free daily backups with the one-click restore feature
- One-click auto-migration tool
Reasons to Love GoDaddy:
- There’s a money-back guarantee for all plans
- The hosting platform is built specifically for WordPress with optimized performance features that ensure high speeds without lag even during unexpected traffic spikes.
- Select plans have a search engine visibility wizard that handles basic SEO for your website.
- There are thousands of plugins with the most popular features built into the premium themes.
- Security monitoring is done 24/7 with DDoS protection and regular server optimization.
- Award-winning customer support. Hosting experts are there to answer queries and issues 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Hundreds of resources are videos and interactive walkthroughs are available.
GoDaddy vs Ipage
GoDaddy only offers free domain registration with the annual plan payment option. The basic plan is very basic but standard features available on all plans are comprehensive. In comparison, Ipage’s plans are even more basic with only two plan options that don’t match with GoDaddy’s pro-level plans.
Ipage’s plans are also way cheaper especially with the free domain registration on all two plans and select unlimited features.
GoDaddy’s support is available 24/7 and free for all plans. You can contact Ipage via phone and live chat even before you register.
Ipage has several advantages but GoDaddy’s comprehensive solutions still win.
Ipage offers all-inclusive hosting solutions. The company, as a whole, is focused on the human element, especially on the satisfaction of not only customers but also employees.
Ipage offers two plans for its WordPress hosting services: a WP Starter plan that starts at $3.75 per month and a WP Essential plan that starts from $6.95 per month.
This is not an exhaustive list of Ipage Wordpress hosting features. These are just a highlight of several features including:
- A fully-customized control panel
- SiteLock professional security bundle with custom firewall
- Automatic malware removal
Reasons to Love Ipage:
- Ipage’s WordPress platform is designed to increase loading speed up to 2.5 times.
- Search engine-friendly
- Free domain registration on the first year of signup
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Pre-installed plugins and themes
- Ipage offers advanced features that go beyond hosting like engagement and security plugins
- You will receive support every step of the way. Ipage’s team will provide support from sign-up to the publishing process.
Ipage vs WP Engine
Ipage plans are very basic with limited features. Its other hosting solutions are more comprehensive. WP Engine offers a suite of more dedicated WordPress hosting solutions that focus on enhancing the website experience. WP Engine’s features aren’t exactly for absolute beginners. Several of the features available in the Startup plan need a higher level of tech know-how in order for users to make the most of it.
WP Engine is on the expensive side, though. Ipage wins in terms of pricing but WP Engine’s plans are more comprehensive. Expert support is not available on Ipage’s basic (Starter) plan. WP Engine’s support access is limited based on the type of plan. Response speed also differs.
Ipage is advantageous for absolute beginners but WP Engine provides more value.
WP Engine is a dedicated WordPress hosting platform. It offers more just simple managed WordPress hosting. With over 90,000 customers in 140 countries, WP Engine provides high-quality and secure digital experiences. Each experience is made possible by WP Engine’s suite of solutions that address different sides of website performance. This WP Engine review will focus on what solutions the company provides for WordPress hosting.
The WP Engine pricing model is based on the number of monthly website visits. All plans come risk-free for 60 days and if pre-paid on an annual basis, 60 days are free of charge.
Custom plans are for large business that has around a million visits per month. This plan has more advanced features and add-ons.
WP Engine offers a holistic approach to WordPress hosting. Aside from the standard hosting features, WP Engine provides suites of solutions that can help you manage and scale your business:
- Creative Agility – innovative agility solutions that enable you to build your site faster, manage and personalize your website efficiently, and publish almost instantaneously.
- Enterprise Performance – increase your pageviews with scalable and highly secure WordPress-optimized digital experiences.
- Actionable Intelligence – access actionable insights on vital aspects of your WordPress site’s performance.
- Ecosystem Integration – leverage WordPress’ open framework and WP Engine’s platform to integrate your CMS with new technologies.
Standard features for all WP Engine plans include a staging environment/site, CDN and SSL, free migration, free page performance, and other powerful hosting tools. There are also several plan add-ons you can select from including:
- Additional sites
- Content Performance
- WordPress Multisite
Reasons to Love WP Engine:
- You will have access to tools and features that are over $2,000 in value including premium themes and Genesis Framework.
- You can avail of a custom experience and recommendations that fit your specific hosting needs.
- There are insights and resources available on WP Engine’s website
- WP Engine provides hosting solutions for a wide range of website types and sizes.
WP Engine vs Hostinger
Hostinger features are more straightforward and target beginner users that already have considerable knowledge about managing a WordPress site. WP Engine offers custom solutions to further enhance not only website performance but also the website experience. It is excellent for intermediate users.
Hostinger is cheap, even in comparison to similar hosting platforms that offer similar hosting solutions. Depending on your WP Engine hosting plan, you can access either only chat (Startup) or chat and phone (Growth and Scale). Only custom plans have the option for 24/7 ticket support as an add-on. Hostinger offers 24/7 product support for all customers.
Hostinger prides itself as a hosting company that loves WordPress. Simple and effortless, that’s how Hostinger describes their hosting service. With well-known websites under the helm, Hostinger offers reliable performance at an affordable price.
Hostinger’s marked down prices start at $1.45 per month for the single WordPress website hosting plan. You can basically save up to 82 percent on all plans. Aside from the features specific to WordPress hosting, each plan also includes standard web hosting features.
In order to start with Hostinger, you just need to fill up a form, open the hosting control panel, enter the necessary details, and click a button to install WordPress. Other notable features include:
- Enhanced security powered by BitNinja’s security technology.
- Intuitive website builder and Access Manager
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth (for premium and business plans)
- Advanced hosting solutions for developers with WP-CLI and GIT.
Reasons to Love Hostinger:
- Hostinger has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The uptime guarantee is 99.9 percent with superior speed and performance. Hostinger uses HTTP/2, PHP7.1, Nginx, and custom built-in WordPress plugins.
- The 24/7 WordPress support is fast and reliable, tackling queries and issues of all sizes and complexity.
- Free site transfer with the help of customer success agents.
Hostinger vs Dreamhost
Hostinger offers premium features are available even in the basic plan. The same can be said with DreamHost’s shared hosting plans. Hostinger’s pricing is still unbeatable but DreamHost offers unmetered traffic and bandwidth even on its Starter plan. DreamHost’s features are also more comprehensive. The Starter plan comes with standard, 24/7 ticket support, live chat, and phone support callbacks. Hostinger’s support is comprehensive but standard.
DreamHost wins this round.
With a slogan of “Unbeatable WordPress Hosting,” DreamHost offers competitive WordPress hosting services with its shared and managed WordPress hosting plans. Powering over 1.5 million websites, DreamHost is a huge part of WordPress’s thriving online community.
DreamHost pricing models are straightforward with the Shared plans starting at $.259 per month and the DreamPress plans (managed WordPress) start at $16.95.
Users have an option to upgrade performance for a small added cost. You can select from monthly, 1-year, and 3-year payment plans.
The shared hosting Starter plan is excellent for WordPress beginners with standard features including pre-installed WordPress, fast and high-performance SSD storage, free SSL certificate, and other advanced features.
The managed DreamPress plans are all about performance, running on a high-performance cloud.
Aside from these features, all of DreamHost’s WordPress plans include the following features:
- Access to a user-friendly and advanced admin panel.
- SSD storage that provides 200 percent better performance
- Automatic WordPress Updates
- SSL security protection
- Domain privacy
Reasons to Love DreamHost:
- DreamHost also has an official recommendation from WordPress
- Pricing is transparent with a generous 97-day money-back guarantee for shared hosting plans and a 30-day money-back guaranteed for DreamPass plans.
- You can enjoy unlimited traffic and unmetered bandwidth.
- Instant SEO boost with the free ‘Let’s Encrypt’ SSL certificate.
- Free domain privacy solution – so you can mask any personal information associated with the said domain.
- An in-house tech support team will handle all queries 24/7. This is the same support team that won PCMag.com’s “Best Support” category in 2017.
- 100 percent uptime guarantee backed by several data center locations with emergency power generators and redundant cooling.
DreamHost vs Hostpapa
Hostpapa is relatively smaller than DreamHost’s platform but Hostpapa enjoys a global clientele with multilingual support. Hostpapa’s 0-click WordPress installation is very convenient especially for beginners and casual WordPress users. DreamHost, on the other hand, appeals to beginners and experts alike with its beginner and high-performance plans.
As it is based in Europe, Hostpapa’s plans will appear pricier but the WP Starter plan has all the essential features that are comparable to the ones offered by DreamHost. The WP Business Pro’s features are even at par with the features of DreamHost’s managed DreamPress plans.
Hostpapa is known for its 0-click WordPress hosting services. With over 100,000 customers, Hostpapa is a smaller but a thriving platform. This Hostpapa review will aim to find out if Hostpapa’s hosting services and solutions are at par with its competitors.
Hostpapa WordPress hosting plans start at €2.95 ($3.39 USD) per month. The WP Starter plan is perfect for beginners with all the essential WordPress features. The business plans, especially the WP Business Pro is perfect for businesses that have continuous growth in mind.
Just like other WordPress hosting providers, Hostpapa offers free domain registration for all of its plans. The WP Business and WP Business Pro plans include unlimited websites and other unlimited features like unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and email accounts. These two plans also include access to advanced and premium (WP Business Pro only) WordPress features. Hostpapa’s award-winning features include:
- Free domain registration
- Generous disk space allocation and automatic website backup
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL, SSL, and HTTP/2
- CPU and MySQL resources
- Multiple accounts per server
- SEO plugin
- SiteLock Detect and domain privacy protection
- Email accounts
Reasons to Love Hostpapa:
- Its pre-installed WordPress script provides convenience for beginners for and faster publish times.
- Historical data shows that Hostpapa’s average uptime never goes below 99.9%
- Plans are all-inclusive. Even the basic plan includes everything you’ll need to set up and run a WordPress site. There are also options for additional IP addresses, automated backups, and many more.
- Servers are WordPress-ready, running on the best and fastest versions of PHP and MySQL, providing up to 300 percent performance boost.
- Hostpapa offers 24/7 multilingual and one-on-one support with WordPress hosting experts.
Hostpapa vs Kinsta
Hostpapa is relatively smaller but can compete with bigger and well-known hosting platforms. Kinsta, on the other hand, runs on the Google Cloud platform and provides an involved approached on WordPress hosting that is trusted by well-known brands.
Kinsta’s plans are pricier, though. It’s actually on the high end of the WordPress hosting pricing spectrum. The features available in each plan are relatively similar to that of the ones offered by Hostpapa. Kinsta’s optional add-ons are also expensive.
Kinsta wins on quality but Hostpapa wins on affordability.
Kinsta’s fully managed WordPress hosting runs on the Google Cloud platform, leveraging on cutting-edge technology and highly secure platform. As a dedicated WordPress hosting provider, Kinsta commits itself in providing reliable service that takes the hassle out of site management and monitoring. They promise peace of mind for their clients and in this Kinsta hosting review we’ll find out if they are able to keep this promise.
Kinsta pricing is on mid to high range, starting at $30 per month for the Starter Plan. The plans are comprehensive, though, catering to websites and businesses of all sizes. There is monthly and a yearly payment option as well as the 30-day money-back guarantee. If you avail of the yearly payment option, you get 2 months of hosting for free.
Each plan includes more than 30 premium features and optional add-ons. Regular features include free disk space, free SSL and CDN, free white glove migrations, staging areas, and automatic daily backups among others. Other notable features include:
- LXD containers, PHP 7, Nginx server, and MariaDB further boost Kinsta’s loading speeds.
- All-in-one dashboard – MyKinsta acts as the control center where you can manage your WordPress sites from. You can track anything from bandwidth, traffic statistics, access tools, create free SSL certificates (Let’s Encrypt), switch between PHP versions, and many more.
- In-depth analytics – aside from basic tracking, you can also access in-depth analytic data for each of your websites right at your dashboard.
- Multi-user account access – add unlimited members to your team. Allow access to all your sites as administrators, developers, or just regular users.
Reasons to Love Kinsta:
- Pro-active and thoughtful customer service is Kinsta’s main priority.
- Kinsta is both beginner and pro friendly. The platform, especially the interface is designed with beginners in mind but with optional functionalities that advanced users will appreciate.
- MyKinsta provides easy access to powerful tools that make managing WordPress sites a breeze – it was basically a suite of tools built specifically for WordPress hosting
- All plans include premium features.
- There is a 30-day money-back guarantee without fixed term contracts and upgrade/downgrade penalty. Once you end your plan, you will receive a prorated refund.
- You can select from Google Cloud Platform’s 18 global data center locations.
- Not only does Kinsta has a powerful admin but its network is also highly secure with both active and passive security protocols, firewalls, and more security measures.
What is the Best Web Hosting for WordPress?
These 10 WordPress hosting platforms offer different advantages whether it be in terms of pricing, a number of features, what features are offered in each plan, the user-friendliness of the platform panel controls, website hosting and management tools, and many more.
Some websites offer standard features and pricing, some are the cheapest in the market, or offer the most innovative tools. In order to be the best, there should be a perfect balance between all of these. And our verdict goes to SiteGround.
Here’s the Facebook poll taken by the WordPress Hosting Facebook Group. Over 350 people voted who are knowledgeable about WordPress hosting. Siteground is rated best and fast wordpress hosting in numerous other polls by various WordPress Facebook Groups (you can click each image to see the poll)…
SiteGround offers a perfectly balanced combination of high-quality features that are accessible even to beginners at an affordable price. The automated WordPress installation is seamless and hassle-free. The Migrator plugin enables users to handle their own site migration with the same results as the ones done by professionals.
It’s a steal, as they say. When it comes to WordPress hosting, SiteGround provides superior quality that you can work with even as your business as your business continues to grow.
Don’t miss out on the best and fast hosting for wordpress with it’s in-builtpremium features and tools. Migrate your site now to SiteGround and enjoy highly discounted plans.
I hope you found my WordPress hosting benchmark helpful! If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line in the comments but I tried to cover as much as I could.
Latest posts by Mustapha Ajermou (see all)
- In-depth SiteGround Review: Free Migration,CDN , SSL and More! - February 23, 2019
- 7 Best WordPress CDN Services in 2019 + Hosting with FREE CDN - February 20, 2019
- Top 10 Fast Hosting for WordPress (and Cheap) - February 2, 2019