In this clickfunnels review, i’m going to show you why your business really needs it. If you are not building funnels your marketing efforts might not be yielding their full potential. Marketing funnels are important in the process of converting leads into sales. This ClickFunnels review will take a closer look at the features and capabilities of the software as well as compare it with a similar software, Leadpages.
Considered as one of the best marketing funnel solutions, ClickFunnels offers a complete sales funnel arsenal – from building marketing funnels , sales pages, and online product delivering. Clickfunnels helped thousands of entrepreneurs make the most out of their landing pages. Launched in October 2014, ClickFunnels was a great alternative for Leadpages and other landing page tools/services at the time. ClickFunnels’ edge was – and is the wide range of tools and services that go beyond the optimization of landing pages but also of the previously under-utilized sales funnel.
The creation of landing pages and sales funnels takes a lot of time and effort. A single funnel can take a few weeks to a month to complete (especially for marketers with limited skills in front end design) and most of the time you’ll need different people to program and design the landing pages within the sales funnel. ClickFunnels co-founder Russell Brunson and his team at Etison LLC experienced the frustration of not only spending a lot of time on a single funnel but also spending a lot of effort in building sales funnels with complex interactions (one-time offers, up-sells, etc.). ClickFunnels was born out of the need for a more efficient system. ClickFunnels will help you finish it in just a matter of hours. It’s a software that handles and automates a lot of marketing and sales processes.
In this ClickFunnels review, you will know why it took basically the place of several tools and services you may be already using. These include:
- Coders and shopping cart.
- Page builders and designers.
- Marketing automation tools (email and messenger).
- Affiliate software.
- Membership site software.
With ClickFunnels, you can create your own sales funnel from scratch or select from a variety of templates for different types of funnels. There are dozens of high converting templates for sales, lead generation, webinars, email opt-ins, and many more scientifically proven funnels. You can basically replicate an existing sales funnels and personalize it according to your goals and preferences. There are also other features and tools like payment platform integration that you can use to further customize your sales funnel.
Who are the People Behind ClickFunnels?
Russell Brunson co-founded ClickFunnels with Todd Dickerson and a Dylan Jones. ClickFunnels isn’t Brunson’s first or only successful venture, though. Brunson had been interested in marketing and sales at a very young age. He studied direct mails and infomercials to understand the sales copy and structure of the best sales offers. In college, he found early success as an online marketer, selling potato gun DVDs. This success spun an obsession that saw Brunson delving further into internet marketing.
Brunson built a solid following of over a million digital entrepreneurs not only through ClickFunnels but also through his books, sales funnel concept, and different business ventures (from shakes to coaching and things in between). Brunson was barely out of college when he earned his first million. Soon enough, Brunson lived and breathed internet marketing. He would tinker with different email marketing projects and strategies. His obsession with marketing and sales made him very thorough with analytics, sales copies, offers, and traffic.
Unlike other startups in the SaaS industry, ClickFunnels was self-funded. Brunson utilized his email list of a million people to market ClickFunnels. He sent out effective sales copy with his main selling point being how ClickFunnels worked for him – something that isn’t just a marketing ploy. Brunson actually still uses ClickFunnels and other systems he developed to this day.
ClickFunnels had about 10,000 members within its first year and in 2018, the software service had more than 55,000 members. Its year-over-year growth had been around 300 percent with membership earnings rising from $10 million to $100 million.
Overall, ClickFunnels and Brunson’s training and coaching ventures helped create more than 200 millionaires that are now a part of his exclusive 2 Comma Club. ClickFunnels is also involved in charity work. The company gives $1 to the World Teacher Aide organization for every funnel that goes live.
ClickFunnels Alternative: ClickFunnels Vs. Leadpages
ClickFunnels main features:
The range of services and tools offered by ClickFunnels include:
There are typically three main reasons why you need to create a funnel: to generate leads, to generate sales, and to run an event. For each reason/goal ClickFunnels has scientifically-proven funnels to help you along the way.
Lead Generation Funnels:
- Squeeze Page Funnels – these funnel templates enable you to capture basic email or messenger leads to build an email list
- High Ticket/Application Funnels – you can capture more information regarding your leads like name, demographic information, and phone number
Sales Generation Funnels:
- Tripwire Funnels – also called “Unboxing Funnels,” these funnels are used for generating sales on lower-priced products. You can use this to gain a customer and then generate more profits via 1-click upsells.
- Video Sales Letter Funnels – these funnels are great for products that are more difficult to sell. These products often need a more thorough presentation. Additional Profits are still gained via 1-click upsells.
- Launch Funnels – you can utilize this funnel when you are about to launch a new product. Launch funnels are especially effective with more expensive products.
Online Event Funnels:
- Webinar Funnels – you can use a third-party software to run live webinars. ClickFunnels will handle the customization of the registration process and of course, increasing the conversion and sales rate.
- Autowebinar Funnels – these funnels are for automated, evergreen, on-demand webinars. You can run these funnels fully in ClickFunnels. All you need to do is ad the presentation you prepared for the webinar.
ClickFunnels Etison Editor
ClickFunnels has an intuitive user interface and layout, allowing even casual users to make the most of the services and tools available. Inside ClickFunnels is a drag and drop editor called the “Etison Editor”. There is where you can customize landing page templates or create a new one according to your preferences.
The editor is designed to remove technical barriers that would usually put entrepreneur off from fully succeeding in their goals. Simplicity was Brunson’s and his team’s main goal from the get-go. They wanted for the process of page creation to need only three steps: template selection, pointing and clicking, and dragging and dropping.
Several of the available page templates in the editor include:
- Opt-in Pages (only add branding and opt-in details)
- Sales Pages (just replace the sales elements with your own)
- Order Form Pages (add product description, price, and merchant account)
- Upsell Pages (just add your own branding elements and offer details)
- Webinar Event Pages (just replace the sales elements)
- Membership Sites (just add your content or training)
ClickFunnels also offers advanced built-in page customization tools like custom CSS, padding adjustment, color adjustment, and mobile experience optimization.
Aside from being complex, there’s also the risk of your affiliate software not integrating with your sales funnel. Backpack solves this issue by allowing you to add affiliate programs at the back of your funnels. This feature is relatively new but it is very useful especially if you want to scale your business in an efficient and cost-effective way.
You can create an affiliate program within a few minutes. Everything that needs to be set up (the affiliate pages, affiliate IDs, tracking pixels, etc.) is already available in the editor. This feature is unique to ClickFunnels and probably one of the software’s stand out features.
The Backpack also uses a proprietary affiliate incentive technology called “Sticky Cookies”. This technology tracks the customer’s information once he/she purchase through an affiliate. The affiliate will earn a commission on the initial purchase and additional commission for any future affiliate product purchases made by the customer. This is even if the said customer did not use the special affiliate link.
This technology removes one of the main issues in affiliate programs – cookie transference across different devices. The issue causes a problem in tracking sales back to the affiliate source. This means that even if a customer used the same link she saved from another device, the affiliate won’t be able to receive his/her rightful commission. The “Sticky Cookies” would encourage affiliates to drive more traffic and sales to your funnel. And since they receive better compensation, they will stay on your affiliate program.
Actionetics removes the need for autoresponders and complex marketing automation tools for email and Facebook Messenger. The autoresponders and automation tools/platforms available in the market aren’t customizable to fit your goals for your funnel. Actionetics lets you do several things including:
- Creating Smart Lists
- Sending messages and sequences that are specifically targeted to your visitors/customers (based on their actions and behavior while inside your funnel)
- Creating follow-up funnels to reconnect with customers (via Actionetics MD)
Actionetics also let you reach your customers wherever they are. But Actionetics most important feature is that it allows you to deliver highly-targeted messages that sound like you are talking to them specifically.
Upcoming Clickfunnels Features:
There are two new features to watch out for in ClickFunnels: Pypeline and Wasabi. Pypeline removes the need for a complicated CRM software. It is a high-touch CRM system. Wasabi, on the other hand, provides pre-developed membership site templates. You can use wasabi to upload training or content hassle-free.
ClickFunnels has two levels of membership. The basic plan starts at $97 per month while the Etison Suite is $297 per month. There is a 14-day free trial for both plans. To learn more about the availability of specific features for each plan, consult ClickFunnels’ pricing table below:
You can avail of up to 16% discount if you pay the yearly plan upfront. The best thing about ClickFunnels is that there is little to no extra cost attached. Unless you prefer to use third-party software, ClickFunnels is the most cost-effective option out there.
ClickFunnels has one of the best customer support in the SaaS industry. A support team is available 24/7. The company was also able to cut down their support ticket response time to 83 minutes. This is impressive especially for a company with only a hundred staff. This is one of the most common praises that you can find in ClickFunnels reviews. Apparently, customer support is not the strongest suite of many similar software/services.
Main Selling Points:
ClickFunnels provides an all-in-one package, removing the need for additional marketing services. Aside from the convenience, ClickFunnels also helps in consolidating your marketing efforts. To put it simply, ClickFunnels can help you sell on autopilot.
Other interesting ClickFunnels features include:
- Smart shopping cart with one-click upsells – you can sell and track directly from the landing pages within your funnels. You can also track and manage everything in-between from ClickFunnels – you can even integrate several payment processing platforms.
- Analytics – you can track the performance of your landing pages on the ClickFunnels Dashboard. There will be a visual chart of your funnels that include details on page views, opt-ins, and sales. You can compare performance within a week, a month, two months, within the year, and all time.
- Funnel sharing – you can share your funnels or import funnels to your account. You can use this sharing option to gain affiliate commissions.
- Funnels for specific businesses – you can take a quiz that can help ClickFunnels match your business with the best funnels.
- Creating split test variations – you can conduct a split test from within your funnel.
- Template marketplace – you can buy or access user-made templates through this marketplace.
- There is a 14-day free trial – you can access several basic features and bonus freebies without any obligations or risks. You can cancel any time within the trial period.
- ClickFunnels is on the cloud. There is no need for installations and updates. ClickFunnels is also hosted on one of the largest public cloud cluster powered by Amazon.
Clickfunnels sounds like a perfect solution for your marketing funnel needs, right? But there are also downsides that you need to consider before buying a subscription. These are:
- It’s expensive – at first. You must be ready to pay for a considerable amount for the monthly or yearly subscription fee.
- The learning curve can be a bit steep. While ClickFunnels aims to remove technical barriers for the average entrepreneur, the software still requires a certain eye for detail and thorough understanding of the marketing funnel concept. Training is available but it would be more convenient if you are already initiated in the intricacies of marketing funnels beforehand.
- There’s a limit on the number of funnels you can create under the basic subscription.
Leadpages launched in 2008. Marketing itself as “More than a landing page builder,” Leadpages is one of the most popular software of its kind and it is considered as an industry leader. Aside from helping you build high-converting landing pages, Leadpages also provide lead generation campaign solutions, and marketing app integration to name a few. This online software is popular with many entrepreneurs and content makers alike. But does its reputation and track record stack up to what ClickFunnels can offer? The answer to this question depends on your needs and what you expect from a software like this. But you can’t decide without knowing what Leadpages has to offer, right?
So, without further ado, let’s delve into Leadpages’ bold features.
Leadpages Main Features:
Leadpages Facebook Ad Builder:
Leadpages makes it possible to create ads, place pixels, and reach your target audience through the Facebook Ad Builder. This ad builder is integrated into your landing page and pulls the necessary content right from the page, allowing you to instantly create Facebook ads. All you need to do is to tweak the ad according to your preferences. Aside from this, you will have access to targeting tools and automatic Facebook tracking pixel on your landing pages. This means that you can easily customize your target audience, access in-depth page analytics, and create retargeting campaigns.
Lead page Campaign Creation:
Leadpages ensures that your goals are set to succeed from the very beginning. You can easily run campaigns with Leadpages’ mobile-friendly and fully-customizable landing page templates (over 130 free templates), opt-in pop-up boxes, and built-in payment forms. You can select from a wide variety of free templates based on conversion rate, industry, and campaign type.
Leadpages A/B Testing and Marketing Tool Integrations
You can test and optimize your campaign elements right within Leadpages. Further, optimize your campaigns with third-party integrations. There are a dozen integration categories:
- Digital Advertising
- Live Chat
- Marketing Automation
- Social Media
Examples of software/services you can integrate to Leadpages are Zapier, Stripe, AWeber, chat.io, Calendly, Drupal, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, GoToWebinar, and many more.
Leadpages utilizes human-friendly analytics so that you can easily track key performance metrics through simplified data charts. There are also no complex calculations and spreadsheets. Leadpages would provide you with all the data necessary to not only access the performance of your campaign but to also have a clear picture of your campaign’s ROI
Leadpages has more subscription options. You can either pay monthly, annually or every two years. You can save up to 39% if you choose to pay annually.
Leadpages have dedicated technical support specialists that users can contact via phone, chat, or email.
Main Selling Points:
Leadpages is versatile and useful for many entrepreneurs from different industries and digital marketers with varying niches.
- Leadpages utilizes a drag-drop-click-type system in their landing page editors. The system is also the same for editing opt-in forms.
- You can set up lead notifications to access new lead data in your inbox.
- Aside from being mobile-friendly, Leadpages templates are also SEO-friendly. You can optimize your page with editable metadata fields.
- You can publish new landing pages even on your existing domains and sites. There isn’t any limit on the number of domains you can publish to.
- A sub-account can be set up from your main account to allow team access to your campaigns.
- Leadpages also offers ultra-fast subdomain hosting
- It is possible to add your own HTML widgets on a page for a more customized experience.
- You can automatically send content upgrades with every opt-in. This is through a Leadpages digital asset delivery feature called “Leadboxes”.
- There’s a feature called “Leadlinks” where existing subscribers can sign up in an offer from a link you sent them.
- Pass data to your email service or CRM via Leadpages’ custom and hidden form fields.
Even with Leadpages wide selection of tools and services, it still suffers from shortcomings like:
- It’s litlle bit expensive especially if you consider that a lot of important features (A/B testing, Leadboxes, payment widget, and Leadlinks) aren’t included in the relatively cheap standard plan.
- You’ll need to use a some third-party apps and services especially email marketing software. Leadpages only allows you to capture email address to grow your email list. These third-party integrations may cost up to $200
- You can only preview a mobile-responsive version of your page but you can’t customize its design.
Clickfunnels Vs leadpages:
Even though ClickFunnels doesn’t offer several features that Leadpages have like editable landing page metadata fields for SEO (you can only edit funnel metadata in ClickFunnels), Facebook Ad building, and digital asset delivery, it is still the clear winner. It is easier to learn, it is more comprehensive and it is ever-growing as a platform. This is the type of software that digital entrepreneurs need and deserve.
ClickFunnels Review Conclusion:
There are a handful of software/service options for landing page creation and split testing but more than the basic services, sometimes your business needs more. it’s excellent for designing and testing landing pages, while ClickFunnels is excellent for not only designing landing pages but also for creating a full sales funnel.
This ClickFunnels review can’t cover everything there is to discuss ClickFunnels features and advantages but the aim is to emphasize the value it can bring to the table. There are caveats, of course, but in the end, what’s important is how you use this flexible and versatile tool to bolster your entrepreneurial success.